Monroe County Clerk’s Office in County Office Building to ReOpen June 8th
Downtown Filing Office to Limit U.S. Passports, Pistol Permit to Appointment-Only
May 26, 2020 (Rochester, NY) Today, Monroe County Clerk Jamie Romeo announced the scheduled reopening of the Downtown Filing Office to in-person transactions on Monday June 8th. The Downtown Filing Office, located on the first floor of the County Office Building, has been closed to in-person transactions since March 25th but has continued to provide many services remotely.
In preparation to reopen, a number of changes have been implemented to provide a safe environment for all staff and customers.
· Some services will be available by appointment only in order to limit the number of people in the office at the same time.
· Some services, which have been open during the shutdown by mail, will continue to be handled by mail only until we can work through the backlog of services that were closed to the public.
· New acrylic barriers and physical distancing signage have been installed in all customer service areas.
· A customer “Code of Conduct” and office rules will be posted to encourage healthy practices during a visit.
· All individuals entering the County Office Building will be given a temperature screening, per County Executive Bello’s Executive Order.
· Everyone must wear a mask when they are in the County Clerk’s Office in order to comply with Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order.
“I want to thank County Executive Bello, Administrative Judge Doran, and all our government partners who have continued to work with us to balance the health of our community and staff while keeping these vital services accessible to the public,” Monroe County Clerk Jamie Romeo stated. “We ask for continued patience from Monroe County residents as we enter the reopen phase. Many of our processes have changed in order for us to avoid gatherings or a large number of people waiting in our confined office space.”
Below is a listing of all services provided through the Downtown Filing Office, and the manner in which they will be operating on and after June 8th:
To stay up-to-date with all the new policies and procedures at the County Clerk’s Office, we encourage you to check our COVID19 Updates webpage.